As we’ve mentioned before, we love our food at here at Mad Dash HQ and these super tasty and nutritious oat slices get us off to a great start in the morning. Power up before The Mad Dash with these breakfast oat slices! They are packed with energy, keeping you feeling full and satisfied for the whole morning (use any fruit you fancy for the yummy filling)
1 Ib of frozen blueberries
1 tsp of cinnamon
275g of wholemeal spelt flour (easier to digest than normal wheat-flour)
150g of porridge oats
1 tsp of sea salt
225g of butter (use the best quality butter you can find)
110g of unrefined coconut sugar
You will also need a non Stick baking tin measuring 10×6 inches (25.5x 15cm) and 1 inch (2.5cm) deep, lightly greased.
Pre-heat oven to gas mark 6, 400F (200C)
1. Toss blueberries with cinnamon and leave aside
2. Mix flour, porridge oats and salt together in a mixing bowl
3. Melt butter and sugar together with oat mixture in a small saucepan over a gentle heat starting with a spoon and finishing off with your hands until its formed into a lump of dough like mixture
4. Halve the dough and press one half of the mixture into the tin, making sure its pressed down firmly all over the base
5. Now add the fruit spreading it evenly on top of the mixture. Add the remaining oat mixture, again pressing it firmly down with your fingers
6. Pop tray into the middle of the oven and bake for 20-35 minutes or longer if you like it extra crispy
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, cut it into squares, serve and enjoy!!!
See you at The Mad Dash, all powered up and ready to go!